The name of the Association is THE CAPE FLATS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION, also known as " CAFDA".
CAFDA's role is to serve the Cape Flats community through restorative support for the entire family and to create educational and social opportunities for the community.
Resilient, optimally functioning families and communities that care for, protect and develop their children.
To provide a range of social welfare and development programs and services that promote stable family and community life.
The Association is a public, non-profit, non-governmental organization, established for the objectives:
- To promote stable families and communities through appropriate social welfare programs and services, inclusive of
- Statutory Services
- Foster Care Services
- Assessment and Re-Construction Services
- Family Re-Unification Services
- HIV/Aids Support Services
- To educate, empower and uplift the communities it serves and promote self-reliance through Community Development Programmes, inclusive of
- Skills Development Programs
- Sustainable Livelihood Programs
- Arts and Craft Production
- Junior Resource Centre
- Seniors Support Services
- To ensure the continuous protection and preservation of the Association's indigenous environment and heritage.
CAFDA Merchandise Store will host its final sale for the year on the corner of Eighth Avenue and Prince George Drive, Grassy Park, on Saturday December 3, from 9am to 1pm.
Old and new goods will be on sale.
For more information, contact Lee-Ann at 021 706 2050